Teddy Roosevelt was a progress, a socialist, a neocon, everything libertarians despise rolled up into one dude with a bad mustache and a "big stick." Still, if there is one president you'd want to have by your side if the world turned sideways and a zombie apocalypse came around the corner, it would be Roosevelt. A soldier, a boxer, a police commissioner, and hard lining politician, the dude did possess some qualities most people would admire. Here are some quotes to make you wanna pull yourself up by your own bootstraps, and hit the ground hard charging for tomorrow.
10. It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.
9. Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.
8. If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month.
7. Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care.
6. Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground.
5. To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society.
4. A man who has never gone to school may steal from a freight car; but if he has a university education, he may steal the whole railroad.
3. People ask the difference between a leader and a boss. The leader leads, and the boss drives.
2. Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
1. Courtesy is as much a mark of a gentleman as courage.
rock, love, and live free...
Remso W. Martinez